We create altered game art from dominoes to jigsaw pieces and beyond...If it's a Game we Alter it! Come & play in our monthly challenges and fun events throughout the year!

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Day 3: Bloody Valentine Finale by Leigh S-B & Val S!

Howzit Dominoians!
Welcome to Day 3 of our Bloody Valentine blog hop with Smeared and Smudged!  Thank you for hopping with us and leaving us your wonderful comments on our altered game art!  If we've inspired you then come and join DominoART's current challenge, Romancing the Domino! There's still 9 days left to enter so I hope you'll come and play with us ;0)

For our finale I'm featuring another project by Val S and I've also got one of my "Sharpie Domino Queen" creations to share too ;0)

First up...DominoARTist Val S is sharing her stunning "Fallen Rose" domino pendant!


Supplies used
A Jumbo domino
Royalty free Digi image sourced on the web
Black Sharpie Marker
 Glossy Accents
Black Ribbon
Silver Vintage Bead


Now for my project "A Boyfriend for Dinner"!
I created a domino embellished ATC with an easel back so it's free standing!
My domino features one of Smeared Ink's newest digi images, "Octopus Girl Closeup" from the Octopus Pie set and the easel ATC is made from white cardstock printed with Smeared Ink's heart design from their Poe Boy paper pack.  The fussy cut winged heart is from Smeared Ink's Heart Wings Rubber Club exclusive set.


Supplies used
Standard 1x2 inches white domino
Silver winged heart charm
Copic markers
Sharpie markers
Metallic silver paint pen
Red glitter pen
Judikins Diamond Glaze
White cardstock
Black Soot, Spun Sugar and Tumbled Glass Distress Ink
LOVE ribbon
Double-sided tape
Glue dots


Fun DominoART tip.....this is a great way to use digi images without resorting to gluing the printed images onto the game piece all the time AND I wanted to do my signature "Sharpie Domino Queen" technique on the domino so I sized the image to fit and printed it out.  I then coloured the back of the paper with a pencil and used the graphite to transfer the image onto the domino when I drew over the image with a pen, I used red so I could see where I'd drawn.  I then re-drew over the pencil marks with a grey Sharpie so I could see the design better and then went to work :0)

Thanks for visiting with us today, your next stop on the hop is Airless Chambers!

Domino Hugs!
THE SHARPIE DOMINO QUEEN

10 comments:

  1. Wow Leigh love your ATC and Domino, wonderful colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where in the world do you get a jumbo domino? Any ways your hand is so talented. Wonderful color for the "woman". Love the new ides i get from you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Single heart w/ bloody drips, clean, classic, and beautiful. Love the tips and was wondering what those pics were about. TY for the info and you are leading me to a new area of Fun!! Awesome coloring on Octo gal and love saying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...two great domino projects. Val your blood splattered rose domino is hauntingly beautiful. Leigh, thanks for sharing how you created your fun domino.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my goodness. so much work put into this! the domino's are incredible. to put such images in such small sizes is virtually amazing. So pretty yet still the creepness factor! hugzzz samara xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two beautiful projects. Love the images and the colouring. Thank you for describing how to transfer an image onto a domino, I would like to try that technique really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That pendant is beyond gorgeous and I'm giggling at the Octopus Pie closeup. Thanks so much for the image transfer tecknique. Will have to try it when I get the nerve LOL xxD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful projects where do the ideas come from would love to be able to remember all the instructions on how. Thank you both wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing !!! I can never get over your Domino Art - so super cool and FAB !!! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous pendant from Val and Leigh's domino embellished ATC just cracks me up! Fab colouring and awesome sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by DominoART and leaving your kind comments! I truly appreciate hearing from you and don't hesitate to ask if you've got any questions too ;0)
Domino Hugs!
Leigh S~B
THE SHARPIE DOMINO QUEEN

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...