We create altered game art from dominoes to jigsaw pieces and beyond...If it's a Game we Alter it! Come & play in our monthly challenges and fun events throughout the year!

Friday, October 24, 2014

Day 24: "The Vampire Cat and The Raven" Domino Accordion Folder by Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen!

Welcome back to DominoART for 
 Day 24 of our 31 Days of Halloween Scarefest
and mammoth blog hop with Smeared and Smudged!

We're nearing the end already but if you're just stopping by for the first time then you'll find all the info and can start the hop on Terra's blog!  The 39 Wicked Bloggers list is over there on the right side bar in case you get lost!  Thank you everyone for all the love you are leaving us all, we really do appreciate all your comments! 

Now for Day 24's project by  
Leigh S-B aka The Sharpie Domino Queen,
yep, it's my turn again ;0)

Today's post is photo and info heavy, sorry, so I hope you can stick around long enough to scroll all the way down to see everything!  Also another one of my ball jointed dolls is guest appearing today, say hello to Bella the Bat ;0)   Take it away, Bella!

"The Vampire Cat and The Raven"
Super-sized Domino Accordion Folder
by Leigh S-B

 
Bella says...."TADA!  see...the vampire cat is on the front and the raven is on the back and look at this GORE-geous enormous black bow holding the folder closed!"
Today is Smeared Ink Day and I'm excited coz all the Smeared Ink Rubber Club members are starting to receive "Autumn's Pencil" in their mailboxes, which is my tangled Halloween/Autumn inspired rubber stamps designed exclusively for Smeared Ink :0)  Julia has already been creating and shared her clawesome duo pumpkins card on her blog yesterday and the GORE-geous coffin pendant today!  So loving seeing everyone creating with my designs!!!!!!  FYI, you no longer have to be a member of the Rubber Club to order Smeared Ink stamps and you can order my set in November...but you get discounts if you belong to the club, just saying ;0)

My project today features the large vampire cat and the raven as well as portions of the large background and the narrow border stamps on the covers and the sides of the dominoes.
http://www.smearedink.com/rubber-club-past-offerings/
Autumn's Pencil by Leigh Snaith-Brunton - September 2014 Smeared Ink Rubber Club exclusive now available to the public for order in November!
"Autumn's Pencil" consists of Egyptian-styled Vampire cats, a Raven, Pumpkins, a Witch's Hat, a large background plus a narrow border stamp!  Look closely at all the details coz there's dripping blood, eyeballs and human teeth mixed in there too, oh my, Bwahahahahahaha!

The vampire cat has an Egyptian style to it so I drew in the Eye of Horus on the Raven to keep in with the theme.
 I used 4 super-sized dominoes to make the covers of my accordion folder!

Super-sized are aprrox. 1.25" x 2.5" compared to the standard domino which are 1" x 2".  Perfect to use for the larger stamps.

here you can see the folder open and the big bow tied on top to keep it closed
click the pic to enlarge for a better look
I upcycled the glossy black sleeves from After Eight chocolate mints to make my honeycomb-like accordion pockets inside.  The pockets are glued to each other down the centers and the folder can expand outwards and stand open or the covers can lie flat and the pockets fan out for easy access which you can see in the photo below.  I love tiny things and love making tiny accordion folders to keep all my little goodies in.  This one has some postage stamps and paper ephemera in it that I plan to use in some upcoming projects.

there's 11 sleeves in there making up the accordion pockets.  I would have added more but the rest were sticky, eeewww, but I must say my project has a nice minty aroma to it LOL ;0)
Before doing my main stamping I first wanted to add a ghost image as a background so I stamped the large background stamp onto all the dominoes with black StazOn ink and immediately rubbed it off.  Some areas I rubbed off more than others to achieve a distressed ghost image effect.  I then stamped the main images onto the dominoes with black StazOn ink and heat set before colouring them with Sharpie markers in my signature 
Sharpie Domino Queen style.
 

 The dominoes are adhered together with Judikins Diamond Glaze and I also used it to adhere two square pieces of thick cardboard to the backs of each cover to make them stronger before adding the accordion pockets.  The black silk ribbon, which I gleaned from a Bebe shopping bag, was sandwiched between the dominoes and the cardboard first.  All the dominoes are edged, front and back, with a chisel tip black Sharpie and the black cardboard was also partly coloured black too.  The dominoes are all sealed with a coat of Delta Ceramcoat matte varnish.  I usually seal all my Sharpie domino creations with Judkins Diamond Glaze but that makes them really hard to photograph so lately I've been going with a matte finish instead.  I might add the hi-gloss back to this one now that you've seen it though.

Bella would like to say BYE!
...she threatened to bite me if I didn't add her in at the end!
Isn't she a cutie! ;0)


See you again tomorrow for Day 25! 
You're next stop on the hop is Steph
 
Domino Hugs!

THE SHARPIE DOMINO QUEEN

15 comments:

  1. I like bats well enough. I have quite a few in my house. We coexist. But Bella would be welcome to visit any time.
    Who doesn't love your domino book! And to make if this way is original and drool worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful and such beautiful colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is why they call you the QUEEN! Amazing project and so creative with the chocolate sleeves. Was gonna comment on the yummy smell but you beat me to it. LOL Bella is adorable. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the Queen for a reason for sure!! Love, love, adore, want this domino book! I have never seen this type of inside and want to do it! Congratulations on your awesome stamps and can't wait to get it for myself!! Seeing it used so beautifully by many hoppers! Your covers of your book are actual works of art no doubt!! Not enough words or time to express how totally gorgeous this is!! See you tomorrow...hoping everything links up right!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally amazing...wonderful...love the stamps and the colours used for your project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh forgot to say HELLO to Bella....I met her when I visited earlier this year! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the vampire cat. This is a fantastic piece. Love the images, colors and how you made a little book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. super wonderful colors. I love the accordion "book" idea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your book Leigh! It is so awesome, the pages are an amazing find/reuse, love it. The stamps! Wow, my favorites for sure. Love your colors and the big black bow, gorgeous!!
    Thanks so much for inspiring!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous images - such brilliant colours! Fantastic projet! !

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a beautiful creation. Love the colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so flippin' amazing!!!! I'm in love with this! Wonderful creation! Wonderful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful, Leigh! I love everything about this--your images, the little accordion folders with goodies inside, the black ribbon, the Sharpie coloring...wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this is an amazing creation! Fab images and bold colors - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is just so beyond cool Leigh! I love it and the bright colors, so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by DominoART and leaving your kind comments! I truly appreciate hearing from you and don't hesitate to ask if you've got any questions too ;0)
Domino Hugs!
Leigh S~B
THE SHARPIE DOMINO QUEEN

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...