We create altered game art from dominoes to jigsaw pieces and beyond...If it's a Game we Alter it! Come & play in our monthly challenges and fun events throughout the year!

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Forever Dark DT share for our July Challenge!

Howzit Dominians!
We've had some unfortunate setbacks to our Forever Dark Challenge blog that launched with our 1st Challenge in June but we're back without much of a hiccup.  Nothing else has changed besides our blog name, from Forever Dark Challenges to Forever Dark 2 and new challenges still start on the 1st Tuesday of every month!

Now for our July Challenge #2 Anything Goes!   
We have THREE fabulous sponsors this month and it was a pleasure to get to create with the images they provided us with!  Thank you so much sponsors!

Kenny K
Kenny K

Limited Runs
http://limitedrunsstamps.blogspot.co.uk/

Lacy Sunshine stamps
http://lacysunshine.weebly.com/

  I'm sharing two projects over on my LeighSBDesigns blog as well today featuring Kenny K and Lacy Sunshine so I hope you'll pop on over to see them :0)

Here's my 3rd Forever Dark DT project featuring the digi stamp called Raven the Dom by Limited Runs!  I couldn't resist making an altered Doublecross Domino pendant with this gorgeous girl.

I adjusted Raven in Photoshop CS6 to fit the size of a Doublecross Domino but somehow still managed to cut off her feet, oops, that's what happens when you're creating in the early hours of the morning! I printed her out onto regular printer paper and coloured her with Copic markers.  I then made a decal with her by first cutting the image to the size of the domino and I then applied two coats of DecoArt Triple Thick glaze to the design.  Once the glaze was dry I applied water to the back of the image and gently rubbed away the paper to leave behind a semi-translucent image which I was then able to adhere to the surface of the domino with Triple Thick glaze.  Decals are a fun way to use digi stamps on dominoes and avoid that "paper stuck down" look.  I turned her into a pendant and adhered a jewelry dual pin and bail to the back and hung it on purple suede cord.


I hope all my projects today have inspired you and I'll see you over at Forever Dark Challenges!

Domino Hugs!
THE SHARPIE DOMINO QUEEN

1 comment:

  1. Love the Doublecross Domino with the quirky little girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by DominoART and leaving your kind comments! I truly appreciate hearing from you and don't hesitate to ask if you've got any questions too ;0)
Domino Hugs!
Leigh S~B
THE SHARPIE DOMINO QUEEN

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...