We create altered game art from dominoes to jigsaw pieces and beyond...If it's a Game we Alter it! Come & play in our monthly challenges and fun events throughout the year!

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Skull Appreciation Day Blog Hop with Smeared and Smudged!

Howzit Dominoians!
Welcome to the 2nd of my blogs playing in this year's Skull Appreciation Day Blog Hop hosted by the fabulous Smeared and Smudged team!  Thanks so much for hopping with us today!

a peek at my entire S.A.D collection
Here's the blog roll to keep you going and if you stopped by here first then start the hop at the beginning on Black Dragon's blog, you do not want to miss all the fangtastic skullie eye candy being shared today!

 Here's my 2nd Smeared and Smudged DT project for today - an Amazonian Amulet found in the clutches of a doomed treasure hunter!
Doublecross Domino "Amazonian Amulet"
I used one of Smeared Ink's feathered skull rubber stamps from their Fringe set on this one.
I stamped the wooden Doublecross domino with black Archival Ink, heat set the image and then coloured the design with Sharpie markers in my signature Sharpie Domino Queen technique.  I then added a red and gold tear drop sticker jewel to the feathered head piece.  To complete the necklace I wired wrapped the domino a few times with thin black craft wire with the skull charm attached and added the bail by twisting the wire on one of the passes round.  The skull charm was silver toned so I coloured it with a brown Sharpie to give it a more aged gold tone and then added the brown suede cord necklace to complete the look.

click to enlarge the photo for a closer look at the details
Hop on over to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity to see 3 more of S.A.D projects and one of them is another domino ;0)  Today is also the start of our 1st Skellie-Fest event that runs through to June 18th with a $20 gift certificate to spend at Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda!
Don't forget to return after the hop and play to win!
http://lostcoastportaltocreativity.blogspot.com/

Domino Hugs!
THE SHARPIE DOMINO QUEEN

15 comments:

  1. Your skull creation is .... .... beautiful! Loving the gorgeous image, colours on it, rubin and the charm, all so well done and .... beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Sari! I know LOL, skulls can be beautiful too can't they ;0) Thanks for your kind words and I appreciate your stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Love the proportion of this domino which you decorated beautifully. Great stamp design and charm x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leigh love these, great stamp and lovely colours.

    Hugs Anna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. More gorgeousness to behold my friend and so beautifully decorated too. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um.. Hello again Leigh. This is so brilliant I could imagine it on the set of a horror film. It is fantastic and the bony hand and everything. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a piece of art work for sure!! That you do this with Sharpies is so amazing to me! Love the wire and bead! Well, love it all! hugsxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful Leigh....love the double cross dominoes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is positively YUMMY! I would sooo wear this! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous dominoes, love the stamps you've used and really need to learn how to do these! :D Sorry I'm late to the hop, happy SAD! Mo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You never fail to inspire me each time I visit. Wonderful project!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by DominoART and leaving your kind comments! I truly appreciate hearing from you and don't hesitate to ask if you've got any questions too ;0)
Domino Hugs!
Leigh S~B
THE SHARPIE DOMINO QUEEN

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...