We create altered game art from dominoes to jigsaw pieces and beyond...If it's a Game we Alter it! Come & play in our monthly challenges and fun events throughout the year!

Friday, April 3, 2015

Week 2 of D'ART Challenge #12 - "Bunny Blue domino magnet" Presentation Card

Happy Easter weekend to you all!
We're already heading into week 2 of

 DominoART Challenge #12
"Dominoes to Dye for"

I challenge you to DYE your dominoes using only the Egg Dye kits sold for colouring eggs!  So dash on out to your grocery store and grab a few different kinds before they're gone for another year!  Click HERE to enter Challenge #12! 

Smeared Ink Occasions Li'l Grumpie rubber stamp
 On Wednesday I shared Bunny Blue the fridge magnet I made using one of the dyed dominoes. Today I'm sharing the Easter card I made for my sister featuring Bunny Blue.  This card is a cute and clever way to present a magnet project. 

 I cut a hole into the embossed panel the same size as the magnet on the back of the domino and attached the panel to the front of a folded card with pop dots.  The magnet slots into the hole and can be easily removed later.  The domino is quite heavy though so to prevent the card from falling forward when open I cut the bottom edge of the back of the card at an angle to create an easel type card.  The card now slants backwards when on display!


I used Peacock Pearlescent Brilliance ink to highlight the embossed design on the front of the card and also to stamp the sentiment (Michaels brand) on the inside.  To finish off the card I added the cream sheer ribbon and bow and 4 topaz self adhesive jewels attached to each corner.
 
I hope you'll grab some of the eggy dye kits and come play with us!
I'm DYE-ing to see your challenge entries ;0)

Domino Hugs!
THE SHARPIE DOMINO QUEEN

2 comments:

  1. Love bunny blue domino and the wonderful embossed card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You amaze me every time you alter a domino - all so different and so many ideas - love this xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by DominoART and leaving your kind comments! I truly appreciate hearing from you and don't hesitate to ask if you've got any questions too ;0)
Domino Hugs!
Leigh S~B
THE SHARPIE DOMINO QUEEN

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...