We create altered game art from dominoes to jigsaw pieces and beyond...If it's a Game we Alter it! Come & play in our monthly challenges and fun events throughout the year!

Monday, March 9, 2015

"Pieces of Me" altered jigsaw puzzle pieces - Smeared Ink DT for Smudgy Antics!

Howzit Dominoians!
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  Today I'm sharing my Smeared Ink DT inspiration project that will be up on Tuesday over at our Smudgy Antics challenge blog!


These 2 large jigsaw puzzle pieces are part of a larger project hosted by my friend Kristy Lee!  I was honoured to be invited to contribute to her "Pieces of You" project and she mailed me these 2 pieces to alter.  I've now mailed them back to her and can't wait to see a photo of the completed puzzle!

The images I chose to reflect 'Me' are the Raven, the Vampire Cat as well as portions of the Witch Hat and Pumpkins from the Smeared Ink exclusive rubber stamp set I designed, Autumn's Pencil.  The images were stamped with Tuxedo Black Momento Ink and coloured with Copic markers.  I did a lot colour manipulation within the 2 colour monochromatic colour scheme, with lots of shading and highlighting in each tiny area.  The pieces were sealed with Krylon Artist's Workable Fixative and then I applied to Judikins Diamond Glaze to just the Raven and the Cat to emphasis them.

This was a fun collaborative project to work on and I hope you enjoyed seeing "Pieces of Me" ;0)
Here's a closer look at all the details!

Don't forget to stop by Smudgy Antics and join our monthly challenges where it is always "Anything Goes"!

Click on the collaged photo to enlarge!
Domino Hugs!
THE SHARPIE DOMINO QUEEN

5 comments:

  1. OMG !!! How AWESOME those pieces are :-D Absolutely fantastic Leigh and I really LUV that kitty. I didn't know you did a rubber set... I'm off to go look at that now cuz that's a 'must-have' !!! :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pieces are just gorgeous, Leigh! I need to ink up that set. Sooo many fab designs in it. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Leigh, great colors and definition. Distinctively you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pieces the colours are so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by DominoART and leaving your kind comments! I truly appreciate hearing from you and don't hesitate to ask if you've got any questions too ;0)
Domino Hugs!
Leigh S~B
THE SHARPIE DOMINO QUEEN

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...