We create altered game art from dominoes to jigsaw pieces and beyond...If it's a Game we Alter it! Come & play in our monthly challenges and fun events throughout the year!

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day 5 of 31 Days of Halloween - Goth Girl DominoART Necklace by Leigh S-B

Howzit Dominoians!

On the 5th Day of Halloween I'm here to share one of my DominoART Necklaces featuring my signature Sharpie Domino Queen Technique!


SUPPLIES
Standard White Domino
Sharpie Markers:  Black, Pomegranate and Slate Gray
G-S Hypo Cement Adhesive (look in the Other Glues section)
Jewelry Findings
Plaid Ribbon
Clear Swarovski Crystal

Stamp a portion of the Goth Girl onto the domino with Ancient Page Coal Black dye ink and heat set.


Apply colour with Sharpie markers using my 'Sharpie Domino Queen' technique. 
 For more info on my technique check out the following links:
 Check out my published article in Somerset Studio July/Aug 2003 issue, which is also up on my website Velvet Paw Creations.com.  I'm still busy re-designing my entire website but I'm getting there.  You can also see more of my technique via my blog's Project and Tutorials Index menu under


I sketched in a diamond pattern on her dress and then used Pomegranate and Black for her dress and the background and a combination of Black and Slate Gray for her hair, corset and gloves.


I hand drew a diamond design on all four sides of the domino and added gold dots with a fine point metallic gold paint pen.  I also added gold bling to her necklace, corset and ring as well.  I sealed all the surfaces with Judikins Diamond Glaze and attached a gold leaf shaped bail to the back of the domino with G-S Hypo Cement adhesive.  I finished off my DominoART pendant with a necklace made from plaid ribbon with a lobster claw clasp.


I also made a matching card and gift box which you can see on my blog, Leigh S-B Designs!



Stay tuned for Day 6 to see what Pat C has cooked up in her cauldron for you!

Domino Hugs!

THE SHARPIE DOMINO QUEEN

4 comments:

  1. Wow wonderful pendant, love the colours!

    Val S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my forgot to mention the lovely box and card they are all wonderful!

    Val S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG this is awesome!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by DominoART and leaving your kind comments! I truly appreciate hearing from you and don't hesitate to ask if you've got any questions too ;0)
Domino Hugs!
Leigh S~B
THE SHARPIE DOMINO QUEEN

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...